When visiting resorts on the Aegean and the Mediterranean, you can wear just about anything you want, but please use your common sense. Here are some tips on what to wear. Enjoy!
1) Don’t bring too many clothes from the UK. Buy them there! It is inexpensive, especially if you discuss the price and bargain - Sometimes you can get up to 60% off the asking price.
2) Wear flat shoes for walking, and watch where you are walking. The roads are often not only uneven, but also broken, with lots of unexpected holes.
3) For Guys, please don’t wear shorts when you visit a mosque (unless you want to walk around it in a skirt.) The skirt will be provided at the door, and you won’t be allowed to enter until you have the correct clothing.
4) For Ladies, if you are thinking of eating in small local restaurants you may be well advised to wear a skirt rather than trousers. Many of these local places have toilets that are of the ‘hole in the floor’ variety! ‘Nuff said?
5) Girls – You do not need to wear a head scarf when you go to Turkey.
In general you can wear the clothes you would normally wear in the UK. And you will see the same amount of variety in Turkey.
6) Take some ‘water shoes’ when you visit the beach as many of the beaches are rocky.